- 5 Tips To Make Your Home-Based Business Not Appear "Homemade" By : jeavy
One of the toughest obstacles we face when working from home is making it appear that we're not, in fact, working from home. When clients call and there are kids screaming in the background, pets barking and meowing and timers going off for laundry and cooking, it doesn't appear professional. So, how can we appear more professional?
Tip # 1: Have a clean, professional website with your own domain name.
Do not, under any circumstances, have a "free" website hosted on anoth...
- How To Plan a Personal Business Retreat By : Sue Painter
One solid way to handle overwhelm, fuzzy focus, and business going bad is to remove yourself from the day-to-day and go on a personal business retreat. Sue outlines the benefits to you and your business and gives you tips for how to take a retreat that will boost your bottom line.
- Entrepreneurial Mindset; Are You Ready to Change? By : David McCormick
To most people, change is a four letter word. Honestly, if you want things around you to change, you first have to change what's inside of you. It's insane to think you can get different results using the same old, unsuccessful tactics.
- Starting A Business Is Not For Dummies By : Nick Messe
The process of developing a business and getting it to the point where it is reasonably well established involves a good deal of work, a large amount of specialized skill, and certainly a fair bit of luck.
- Things You Should Know About Starting Your Own Business By : Nick Messe
You cannot underestimate the importance of having a business idea. This will allow you to speak intelligently with friends, colleagues, potential partners or investors about your business. It will give you a basis for creating a business plan.
- Business Plan Suggestions By : Sherry Tingley
Writing a good business plan can be crucial to your success in presenting your plan to possible investors or to lending institutions. Follow these steps to make sure you have every detail covered.
- Young Entrepreneur: Developing State Of Mind By : Stephanie Deneke
Changing your approach to working for yourself. How to get past the employee mindset.
- Starting a Business?: 3 Questions to Ask By : Allison Babb
Berta is a talented in two areas and she's undoubtedly very skilled and experienced at both. She can choose either to launch a business, but as with most new entrepreneurs, she's unclear on where to start and she'd like some guidance on business planning and next steps. Berta has tried multiple times to create a clear plan for her business, but struggles with moving forward. Here's my advice to her...
- 5 Leadership Principles For The Successful Entrepreneur. By : Ron Daniels
Here I am going to provide for you 5 basic foundational principles for success as an entrepreneural leader.
- How to Grow Your Small Business By : Marilyn Ellis
Understand the difference between Business to Consumer Selling and Business to Business Selling makes all the difference in your success. Which one are you and which one should you be?
- 5 Ways to Avoid Burnout as a Solopreneur By : Diane Carlyle
This article provides practical tips for solopreneurs, especially those who work from home, how to avoid burnout. Learn how simple self-care can keep you - and your business - healthy.
- Small Business Advice: Keeping Your Determination Even During Tough Times By : Joalesto
Going through an economic slowdown is to be anticipated. In these periods, spend extra time on furthering marketing plans. Stop panicking because being overly worried does not help you draw up business strategies efficiently. Also, try to discover new stuff and launch additional products or services if you can. It is likewise proper to keep good relationship with old clients.
- Winning is not quitting: 5 Things you can do today to be a winner in this recession By : Mark Workman
In the current business climate, in speaking with many of my customers and companies I have worked with for years, there is an overriding fear and doubt about their own existence and getting through these challenging times. I attempt to encourage them that 'Winning is not quitting'.
- Successful Leadership in a Small Business By : Robert II Smith
Practicing positive successful leadership in a small business, especially for the founder/owner, takes great skill and talent. In order to know what to do successfully in the start up phase and beyond takes understanding and self analysis.
- Small Business and Leadership By : Robert II Smith
There are several types of leadership styles. The charismatic leaders exude vision, are willing to take risks to achieve that vision, are sensitive to both environmental constraints and follower needs and exhibit behaviors that are out of the ordinary.
- Starting a Small Business? Here's 10 Steps You'll Need By : Paul Tobey
If you intend to start a small business you will need these sure-fire steps to starting a small business.
- 95% of Businesses Fail: Don't Let Yours Be One of Them! By : Ann Marosy
"Up to ninety per cent of businesses fail in their first five years of operation" The first time I heard this was many years ago during an accounting seminar. At that time, it sounded rather unbelievable; however, I now believe those statistics are true and probably higher or occur within shorter time spans, especially during times of global economic stress.
- Developing Leadership Skills in Your Home Based Business By : Rosamunde Bott
An explanation of why it is important to develop leadership skills in a home based business, even if you work alone.
- Top 5 Qualities of Great Leaders By : Kennerly Clay
If your work requires little social interaction, this article may be of no interest to you. But if you are going to build a smart home business -- where the success of your business relies upon the relationships you build with customers (and other human beings in general) -- then assuming leadership is assuming success in your business.
- Focus On The Goal! By : Cash Miller
The business world can be seen as a hectic place for a nearly everyone. As a small business owner it can become downright overwhelming. That's why it is often extremely difficult to stay focused. But that is exactly what you need to do.
- Choosing the Type of Business to Start By : Kelly Church
This article discusses ways to decide what type of business venture you want to begin. The type of business you choose depends on the money you have available, the idea you have and your confidence in yourself and abilities.
- The Pros And Cons Of Temporary Labor By : Cash Miller
Sometimes in business you may find yourself in a labor jam. The question you have to ask yourself is whether hiring any sort of temporary labor is right for your business. There are many advantages about it but also many negatives. You need to consider both sides of the coin.
- How To Build A Successful Business Partnership By : Cash Miller
Building a successful business partnership is not an easy thing. Often they can end on very bad terms. But you can build one if you put some thought and effort into it before you become partners with someone.
- 8 Reasons to Embrace Documentation By : Elinor Stutz
Documenting your activities will exponentially increase your success.
- Home Based Business Leadership - Managing Yourself and Your Success By : David Ogden
In your current career, you probably understand Leadership as it applies to your job. What may not be so obvious is how this also applies to managing home based jobs.
- Increase Small Business Profits Through Business Review And Planning By :
There are several ways a business can improve profitability. The single most important tip for a small business owner is to take time out from the day to day routine and focus on the business and its activities. Emphasis being placed upon cost management a financial budget and business plan which should include sales and working capital requirements
- Creating a Profitable Business: Four Easy Steps By : Ben Anton
Building a business is no easy task. This easy to read step by step guide provides an outline to starting a business in just four easy steps.
- Leadership effects in Small Business By : Robert II Smith
There are several types of leadership styles. The charismatic leaders exude vision, are willing to take risks to achieve that vision, are sensitive to both environmental constraints and follower needs and exhibit behaviors that are out of the ordinary. The transactional leadership style emphasizes rewards to influence motivations of the follower (Chaganti, Cook & Smeltz, 2002).
- Leadership in Small Business By : Robert II Smith
Small businesses are defined as firms having one to 500 employees and make up approximately 50% of the civilian non-farm workforce in the United States (Waddell, 1992). Since 1980, the number of small business owners and operators has steadily increased in number (Paleno & Kleiner, 2000).
- The Power of Leadership To Develop A Solid Home Based Business By : Demetrios Tzortzis
Leaders offer value to others. Everybody wants to learn how to be successful. They look to leaders for this education. If you consistently demonstrate to them that you know what it takes to be successful, then they will flock to you in order to learn your secrets.
- 4 Small Business Myths Revealed and Squashed By : Doug Brown
Don't you just love the thought of being an entrepreneur? What could be more fun than being your own boss! Kicking that 9 to 5 routine, working just about when you when to, taking a day off on a whim, spending quality time with your family and friends - you think?
- Plan Out Your 3-Year Vision for Attracting Clients (and The Life You Really Want) By : Fabienne Fredrickson
OK, so we have a New Year ahead of us and we've gotta make it count. Being self-employed, it all depends on us. That means having a clear plan for what we want. This article shows you how I (and my private clients) map out our goals with a 3-year vision. Why 3 years? Read the article and you'll know exactly why.
- Management Training For A Developing Business By : Shaun Parker
A look at how management training will benefit your business as your business changes to meet the success you have achieved.
- Setting Business Priorities That Make Sense By : Dwayne Garrett
If you have your finger on the pulse of your business and are working towards creating demand or interest in your product, you will need to start prioritizing which goals are more important than others.
- The Secret to Building Your Business from the Inside Out By : Susan L Reid
Have you ever wondered about the secret for building business success? Mission statements, business plans, and a product or service are important, as are funding, a support system and business sense. Still, you may not have the key, which is to build your business from the inside out. From a place inside that you intuitively understand. From your Inner Samurai comes the knowing that gives you the strength you will need to build your business.
- The Entrepreneur's Easy 8-Step Strategic Planning Guide By : Sharon Marsh
With this easy to follow, 8-step method, you have a strategic plan that any new business owner can immediately refer to for guidance and decision making criteria.
- Is too much caution holding you back from business success? By : Robert Greenshields
Many people don't achieve the success they want in business because they are scared of taking risks. This article looks at when it's right to be prudent and when caution holds us back.
- To Be More Effective, Stop Worrying About Results By : Richard Atkinson
Are you making your life or business dependent on an expected result? Are you fully present, aware and engaged in what's going on? Or are you thinking about end results, not paying full attention to what's happening and the opportunities or dangers that present themselves. As a result are you getting disappointing results? The paradox is if you want to get great results, put your attention and energy on creating, let go of your expectations.
- 7 Costly Small Business Marketing Mistakes to Avoid By : Robert Moment
Small business marketing is the key to small business success. It is important to avoid the costly small business marketing mistakes that could cause business failure.
- Enjoy Owning Your Own Business Again! Break the Death Grip of Delegation Dysfunction. By : Bill Zipp
Delegation dysfunction plagues most small businesses. Hereís how it works: You give something to someone else to do. They put it on the bottom of their pile. You check on it and discover that itís not done. You press them on it, and it finally gets done. But itís not done right and you end up doing it yourself. That is the definition of dysfunction! A real nightmare, NOT the dream you had when you started your own business.
- 7 Ways to Defeat the Fear of Failure of Your Small Business By : Kelly Sims
The purpose of this article is to help potential entrepreneurs to gain the confidence to start their small business. It provides useful tips on ways to defeat fear of failure by learning, staying positive and being passionate about the venture which they are about to pursue.
- Five Steps to a Financial Recordkeeping System that Works By : Jean Murray, MBA, PhD
To succeed in your business, you need to create a financial system that clears out the garbage and gives you accurate and useful information to see how you are doing and so you know when to act on this information. Here are five easy steps in creating a simple financial recordkeeping system.
- Focus Your Definition By : Erin Ferree
You have so much important information that soon all of your marketing materials are crammed full of text and information. Most small business owners have this problem. They are so excited about their business and everything they can do for their clients. They make the mistake of putting it all into their marketing materials.
- Teams Make a Difference By : Jean Murray, MBA, PhD
Building your business advisors team
- Why Create an Annual Business Plan? By : Graeme Nichol
Plan for success; it is about setting a direction and working towards it. Getting your thoughts down on paper helps you to articulate your success.
- Your Business Mission: What the Heck Do You Do, Anyway? By : Todd Jensen
Defining your business mission can lead to greater profits and more free time for the business owner.
- Grow Your Business by Shifting from Entrepreneur to Leader By : Bea Fields and Carol Dickson Carr
Youíre energetic. Youíre focused. You start off with a fabulous idea that you are absolutely certain you can take you to places of amazing success. Itís not just you who thinks that your business concept is a great one. Nearly everyone you talk to offers their support for your bold move. You embody the stuff dreams are made of. But what do you do when your business starts growing? This article has the answer!
- Your End of Month Report By : Jude Wright
A friend of mine was in the business world for a long time before she left it to become a small business owner. I watched her immediate and incredible success in a field that I thought may have been over-saturated by other business owners.
- Job Analysis and Hiring the Right Person By : Mac Bartine
How to use job analysis to figure out all the qualities a new employee should have to be successful on the job.
- Small Business Management By : Luis Luarca
This article briefly discusses a basic understanding of business management for small business owners and the importance of understanding the complexities of managing a business.
- Narrowing The Concept Of Your New Small Business By : John Edmond
The excitement of owning your own business can lead you to great places. Make sure though, that you take the time to accurately assess your ideas and know what you will and will not do. Be specific.
- Small Business Marketing Strategies By : Luis Luarca
This article briefly discusses the four Ps of marketing, a fundamental tool in developing marketing strategies.
- Build Your Business With a Marketing Plan By : Jude Wright
It's a fact that most businesses - online or offline - fail in their first year. I've also seen that many online businesses start but never really get off the ground.
- Business Management - What Are The Good Traits By : Ske Chay
To start a business and have it up and running successfully, you will need to think of some realistic business management plans. With these plans and your dream in mind, you will have to work through the initial difficult stages to build up
- Four Steps To Business Success By : Taylore Vance
Short article explaining the secret to a successful small business or home based business? Learn how millionaires planted the seeds of their outrageous success and you can do this, too! Easy steps to insure your success.
- How to Stop Feeling Like an Imposter By : Kim Nishida
In the world of entrepreneurs and small business owners, the imposter syndrome, otherwise known as the "fraud factor" runs rampant. If you feel like an imposter, do something about it. Here are three ways to get you started.
- How Small Business Coaching Works By : Kris Koonar
In this rapidly evolving business world, success is not easy. You can succeed only if you perform smart business interactions and possess good money management skills along with a desire for improvement and commitment.
- How Can You Take Time Off From Your Small Business? By : Ken Snow
When you kicked off your home business, annual vacations with time off paid by your employer became a thing of the past.
- Secrets To Running A Smooth Business By : David Gass
Describes strategies used to minimize risk and streamline a business to run smoothly.
- Business Law Knowledge That Is Integral To The Running Of A Company By : David Gass
Explains what owners need to know about business law in order to successfully run a company
- Use The Secret To Attract Wealth Into Your Business By : Taylore Vance
The successful business CEO's have been using this tool for growth and making higher and higher earnings. Now you can use the same techniques to create millions of dollars. Helpful resources provided...
- Trying to Save What You Have is a Sure Road to Loosing It - Part 1 By : Helmut Flasch
People are never as happy as when they know that they create problems and barriers to overcome for themselves by daring to dream and think big.
- Too Many Employees to Make Any Money By : Helmut Flasch
Employees cost money. With high wages, insurance for them and the rising taxes and most importantly, with the drastically reduced reimbursement for services, one must keep the number of employees at the lowest possible level. Or does one?
- Understanding Mergers, Acquisitions, and Spinoffs By : David Gass
Describes the difference between mergers and acquisitions and why many acquisitions claim to be mergers. It also explains why spinoffs of companies occur.
- Free Counseling and Advice Every Startup and Growing Business Needs To Succeed By : Corey Pierce
Business counseling fees can be extremely expensive and not knowing where to turn for business advice can be a significant waste of valuable time.
- Business Expansion Plan For Small Entrepreneurs By : Tony Jacowski
Is your small business bursting at the seams? Then itís time to expand! This article gets to the crux of the matter and gives you the tools you need to understand how to successfully expand your small business
- Separate Your Home Business From Family Time By : Tommy Moore
Working from home, especially with children in the home can lead to a barrage of interruptions throughout the day which may cause you to work later than necessary to play catch up. Learn how to seperate work time from family time with these easy to follow guidelines.
- An Essential Component To Any Business Plan By : Bill Jason
Whatever goal in life you are striving to reach, whether it is a certain level of financial success, success in a business opportunity that has come your way or some other achievement of importance to you, it is imperative that you...
- Synchronize Six Sigma Into Your Business By : Tony Jacowski
How Six Sigma can lead your business to higher profits!
- Crisis Management in Start-Ups By : Tony Jacowski
Talk about different kinds of crisises.
- My Mission For Success By : Kathryn Wozniak
Do these 5 FREE steps on a daily basis and your business will become a success.
- Work At Home Ė How To Increase Your Productivity & Success While Working At Home By : Jeff Casmer
It is very easy to be distracted while working at home, therefore it is important for you to have some guideline to follow while you work at home.
- Is This Best Small Business Opportunity For You? By : Jeff Schuman
When you are looking at the best small business opportunity you should consider an internet business that can be run anywhere in the world. Here's what we found.
- Solid Business Plans Form The Foundation Of Success By : Ray La Foy
In essence, a business plan is a basic document that simply states what the business is and what it does.
- The Modern Motherís Day for Moms in Business By : Shannon Cherry
Entrepreneur Mom Shares Tips for Women in Business Who Have Children
- How To Determine A Legitimate Home-Based Business That Will Work For You By : Eleanor Tilghman
Starting a home-based business is serious and you do not want to enter into a venture without thoroughly checking it out first.This article details different considerations that the novice can put into action when considering starting a home-based business.
- How To Stay Motivated After Work At Home Failures By : Khemal Dole
We all go through with some form of failure in our work at home businesses. But how does one pick one's self up and move on? This article helps any person who suffered a failure in their work at home business to stay mortivated through the rough times.
- Are You Ready To Become Self-Employed? By : Michele Meyer
If you are interested in starting a business, or taking over one, you face a daunting task that carries a level of risk and excitement not possible in the 'employee' world.
- Franchise Opportunities Are Not Always As Good As They Sound By : John Lim
The smart way to make money is through business franchises! Plenty of franchise opportunities await you if you know what to look for.
- Welcome Back to Your Life - Outsourcing and the Entrepreneur By : Dana Wallert
For entrepreneurs, balancing their personal and business lives can be a difficult juggling act. Learning to let go and delegate some of their responsibilities can be a much needed relief.
- The Seven No's We All Want To Hear By : Kathryn Wozniak
Learn about these seven No's and you will be successful at working from home.
- Small Business Help Through the Five Universal Funnel Laws for Businesses By : Leanne Hoagland-Smith
If you, as a small business, believe in Whatís Goes Up, Must Come Down, then why not apply similar principles to your daily business actions? Using the Five Universal Funnel Laws for Businesses, should help you quickly double your results because what goes in, must come out.
- Smart Strategy For A Home Business By : Ivan Kelly
The path to profit for an online home business is usually tied closely to smart planning, smart tactics - following key steps - and a willingness to undertake the necessary action.
- New Business Start-up - a Marathon Not a Sprint By : Andrew Poole
I have just trained for my sixth marathon and as it was for the previous five, it took a lot of training, over a long period of time.
- Successful Business Strategies for Entrepreneurs By : Laurie Hurley
Want to make this your most successful year ever? Follow these guidelines for success in your home-based business.
- Do You Have What it Takes to Start Your Own Business? By : Barney Garcia
A lot of people have the dream of opening their own business, perhaps because they want to be their own boss, they think they could make more money, or they feel excited by the challenge. However, there are also a lot of people who start up their own business and fail. Before you jump into starting a business read this article to see if you have what it takes.
- Do You Have What It Takes To Be Self Employed? By : Lee Dobbins
Being self employed sounds great doesnít it? No boss watching over you, the ability to set your own hours and all the profits of the business go to you! While it does sound good, the fact is that being self employed is not for everyone, it takes dedication, self discipline and hard work to be successful in your own business.
- Extra Income working from home By : Cher How Tan
Every entrepreneur, to achieve any amount of success should be motivated. Motivation comes from passion. Every book published or e-book that deals in money making and motivation screams passion Ė the most important ingredient in any successful entrepreneur.
- Information Overload By : Jan Wilhelm
People do not realize what will happen when they start a home business. Hopefully this will prepare them for the explosion of information that they will be faced with.
- What is Your ďMSPĒ? By : Leanne Hoagland-Smith
One of the biggest mistakes small business owners and executives make is not taking consistent actions to building their business. They donít connect their marketing to their business relationships and even more importantly to their sales plans. Some even expect new business to magically fall from the sky and land on their front door step. Possibly, keeping a simple model such as MPS may help you double your business.
- Learn to walk before you start to run! By : Paul Duxbury
When we start an online home based business it's so easy to get caught up with your own enthusiasm. Here we explore some common mistakes that new internet business owners make and how to avoid them!
- The Pros and Cons of Running a Business From Home By : David Mclauchlan
There are many advantages as well as pitfalls to running your own business from home. Let's weigh them all up and see if it is really worth it!
- Tips to Avoid Business Failure By : Tom Perkins
There are many reasons why businesses fail. Most can be overcome if you just take the time and fine-tune your business. See how your business might be able to improve.
- Dreams Do Come True! You Can Build A Company That Can Be Different. By : Paul Donihue
What does it take for your dreams to come true? It takes holding on to the vision, and believing in the dream, and a lot of hard work. It takes others, like our family members to see what we see, and if they don't, believe in us anyway. Your dreams of a different business can be a reality.
- Choosing A Business That's Right For You By : Tim Knox
I always compare starting a business to jumping into a pool of freezing water. There are typically two types of entrepreneurs who take the plunge.
- Small Business Strategies - Four Critical Success Factors By : Leanne Hoagland-Smith
With many companies being small businesses, understanding what takes your company to the next level is critical. These Four Success Factors will help you gain that advantage.
- 5 Powerful Strategies For Depressed Entrepreneurs By : Hirini Reedy
Being an entrepreneur means having to fail several times. Yet no one likes failing. Sometimes it gets too much. Depression starts to eat at you. So you must find ways to heal your wounds and rise up to the challenge.
- Why Do You Want To Start A Small Business? By : frank vanderlugt
It is very important before you go on your own to weigh all the alternatives relating to starting a small business.
Having a detailed concrete plan before you start is an absolute must.
- Organizing Your Small Business By : Mark Meshulam
Small businesses face a special challenge: Too many tasks, too few people.
The author suggests an organizational chart as a way to map out a strategy for growth.
- Do You Have What It Takes To Be An Entrepreneur? By : Tim Knox
There are a variety of skills you'll need to succeed as an entrepreneur and chances are do not possess them all. One of the great things about being an entrepreneur is that if you lack certain skills you can always hire people with those skills to help round out your company skill set.